This month I’ve picked out five recent-discovery essentials that I’ve selected based on their high-quality ingredients or manufacturing, cool-factor, sophistication and ability to fit into a gentleman’s everyday life.
1. First up, I’ve selected Tom Ford For Men Purifying Cleanser (£25, from Selfridges – A multipurpose gel cleaner, which actually conditions while it cleanses. The purifying complex helps clear the skin of dulling toxins, whilst the calming complex helps to minimise skin irritation and keep redness at bay.
2. Limited Edition Rolling Stones x Jose Cuervo Tequila (£12, from Selfridges and Asda) – The Rolling Stones have teamed up with Jose Cuervo to release two limited edition Tequila bottling. The new bottles release celebrate the pivotal role that Jose Cuervo played in The Rolling Stones’ legendary 1972 North American tour, which was dubbed the ‘Tequila Sunrise Tour.’
3. Maui Jim Kawika Sunglasses (£225, http://uk.mauijim.com) – Maui Jim is a premium Hawaiian polarised sunglasses brand offering unbeatable protection from harmful UV rays and a variety of classic and contemporary frames. I went for the Kawika as they are one of Maui Jim’s original styles and they offer a very sturdy, antique metal frame. The bamboo casing is also a really nice touch and reflects the brand’s heritage.
4. TAG Cable by NATIVE UNION (£39, from http://www.nativeunion.com) – Potentially the most stylish iPhone chargers I’ve ever seen. The TAG tag is crafted from the finest quality Italian leather and finished by hand. The TAG’s clochette conceals the charging connectors as well for that added je ne sais quoi.
5. MR.BLACK Garment Essentials (Various prices, from https://mr-blacks.com/) – MR BLACK Garment Essentials is a complete collection of washes and refresh sprays customised to treat your wardrobe kindly. As someone who wears a lot of black jeans, the denim refresh is a godsend, as I usually replace them when they start to start looking lighter and whiter. I also have a daily battle trying to keep my white Adidas pumps ‘white’, so products such as the shoe cleaner and shoe refresh are both great investments too.